Listen to the episode by clicking here:[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/5702270/height/90/width/450/theme/custom/autonext/no/thumbnail/yes/autoplay/no/preload/no/no_addthis/no/direction/forward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/3f1520/” height=”90″ width=”450″]
1. Reishi. This mushroom is the one that Alyssa recommends to start with if you’re ready to begin adding one of these holistic herbs into your life. Alyssa lists a whole bunch of health benefits in our interview varying from stress-relief to fighting allergies. Listen to the podcast to get the whole list.
2. Stress-relief is probably the biggest reason why you need to try adding these holistic herbs into your diet. The way we live our lives has sped up immensely over the years, and our bodies are suffering because of it. Our bodies and minds simply aren’t meant to process the amount of information that we’re processing. Do what you can to relax, treat your body & mind well, and drink some holistic herbal tea.
3. Cordyceps. These tall mushrooms can give you a burst of energy. Drink this one in the morning, and if you’re looking for a coffee alternative, then cordyceps might be your shroom.
4. Starting to get grey hair? He Shou Wu can actually reverse the greying of your hair. For real! It’s also a beautifying root, so no harm in taking he shou wu. Alyssa also recommends to take it after your period since it contains iron and nourishes the blood.
5. Isn’t the Root & Bones packaging stunning?! Alyssa spent years preparing for Root & Bones by finding the perfect supplier of the herbs, a lot of attention has gone into the detail of the packaging, and Alyssa has used very few funds for the marketing by working with influencers and all of it in Instagram.
6. Warm holistic herb drinks. In my life they’re a staple. Alyssa has been taking these herbs in her coffee for a decade now (!). Maybe that’s why she’s so grounded. It might be the simplest way to incorporate them into your diet since you probably already drink a hot beverage in the morning or evening.
7. Chaga. Is the most potent antioxidant on the planet. The mushroom has scientifically proven anti-cancer benefits and inhibits tumor growth.
Enter code: pwig2017 to get your 15% discount.
Valid through September 17th, 2017.
The Episode’s Takeaways
We’ve learned about the healing properties of these holistic herbs and in what way they can benefit our life and our health.
If you’re wondering whether you should start your (side) business then Alyssa recommends to just go for it. You’ll always wonder “what if” if you don’t go out and try.
You can make time for your business if you really want it badly enough. Alyssa manages her time by working four days a week at her acupuncture practice and one day is dedicated to Root & Bones. She’ll also work evenings and nights and she’s usually available throughout the day via Instagram which doesn’t really end.
There is a lot you can accomplish by reaching out to people, Alyssa dared to ask people for help in promoting the herbs and in most cases people are more than willing to help. If you believe in your product then others will too and they’ll be more inclined to help out.
You’ll always encounter obstacles along the way, it depends on your mentality on how you deal with them and see it as they are; an obstacle. Not a full-on road block on your way to success.
Alyssa’s goals for the future involve expanding Root & Bones to include more herbs in the selection, but she will always ‘needle’ (practice acupuncture)!
Be inspired. Go out and do what you’re wanting to do. The time is never right and neither are the circumstances. Alyssa proves that it’s possible to do it on the side. You don’t necessarily need to dive in deep and quit your job. But you do need to dive in and invest time and be consistent. No more excuses!